Who We Are
NorthEast Treatment Centers (NET) offers a range of mental health, addiction, foster care, community-based, residential, and in-home social services to adults, adolescents, children and families.
Founded in 1970, NET is one of the oldest and largest behavioral health and social services agencies in both Southeastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware. Terence McSherry, President and CEO, has led NET’s development as a preeminent and innovative provider since 1980.
Approximately 800 staff members, including full-time and part-time employees and independent contractors, provide services to approximately 9,000 people annually — about 2,500 in our children’s programs and 6,500 in our adult programs. Each person served is individually assessed and offered services at a level of care that best meets his or her needs. Services are offered at 15 sites throughout the Greater Philadelphia region, the Lehigh Valley and the state of Delaware.
NET, a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation, generates annual revenue averaging approximately $38 million a year.
Mission: To provide a comprehensive recovery and resiliency-oriented system of behavioral healthcare services and supportive social services to adults, adolescents, children, and their families utilizing a quality-driven, cost-effective service provider network.
Policy of Non-Discrimination: NorthEast Treatment Centers is committed to principles of non-discrimination for personnel and persons served, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual preference, genetic information, national origin, handicap, disability, disabled veteran status, or any other protected class status.
Supplier Diversity Policy: NET embraces diversity in all aspects of its organization, including among its vendors. Through its Supplier Diversity Program, NET is committed to increasing the percentage of minority-owned, women-owned and disabled-owned vendors with whom it does business. For more information, view our Vendors page.
NET By The Numbers
In 2010, NET served more than 9,000 adults, children, adolescents, and families in
Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley. Here’s the breakdown:
Clients served in NET’s Adult Behavioral Health Divisions
- Intensive Outpatient Drug & Alcohol – 3,809
- Residential Drug & Alcohol – 253
- Medically Monitored Inpatient Detoxification – 2,119
- Medication Assisted Treatment – 519
Clients served in NET’s Children, Youth & Family Services Divisions
- Outpatient Mental Health – 696
- Wraparound, Family-Focused and School-Based Services – 656
- Foster Care, Adoption and Child Welfare Services – 352
- Adolescent In-Home Detention – 715
- Residential Detention – 639
Board Of Directors
NET’s Board of Directors is unique because it is comprised of individuals with personal experience in behavioral health and social services, as well as dedicated professional and community leaders.
Lawrence J. Devlin – Chairman
Richard J. Cohen, Ph.D. – Secretary
William G. Smith – Treasurer
Herman Mattleman, Esq. – Vice Chairman
Robert V. Caruso, Ph.D.
Hon. Eugene Edward J. Maier
Terence M. McSherry
David S. Owens, Jr.
Jack A. Thalheimer
Arthur Brandolph, Esq.
Accreditation and Licenses
NET is accredited by:
- CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), a national accrediting body. CARF promotes the quality, value, and optimal outcome of services through consultation with the provider. The consultative process focuses on enhancing the lives of the persons served. Accreditation by CARF is recognition of NET’s dedication to and achievement in improving the lives of persons served through the programs and services it provides.
NET is licensed by:
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health
- The Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- The City of Philadelphia Department of Human Services
- The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- The Delaware Department of Services to Children, Youth and Families